Contributors

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 15 - Munhava B "White Iverson by Post Malone"

Big Gulps huh?

Shoutouts: Big Ol s/o to Grady aka the Pasty Gangsta for getting baptized this past week!! So proud of you buddy!! I am so sad that I wasn’t there but just know I am sending so many spiritual high-fives and hugs your way right now. Also, it looks like every one that is travelling is having a great time! I am so glad to hear that Mom, Dad, Brody and Annie are keeping Austin weird. It has been dope to see all the pictures. And it’s good to hear that the Millers (Devily) are still loving their road trip.
 
Alrighty so this past week has probably been the fastest week in my mission. It was super busy with Zone Conference and all the fun times that come with it.

First, on Wednesday we helped one of Elder Smith and Elder Beacham's investigators move houses. When they called us and told us we were super down just cause we didn’t think that it was going to be anything but... let’s just say I haven’t taken C4 in over 9 months so it turned out being a little bit harder than we expected. On the first trip, I struggled with their TV but after a couple breaks and getting lost in their new neighborhood we made it. By the second trip we were thinking we were super swole and thought it would save time if we just got everything moved with that trip. So we found a plastic bin and just threw whatever was left in it and me basically being Mozambican threw it on top of my head and we were off. Two minutes into the trip I realized that I had made a mistake haha. About half way to the house I gave up and the bucket fell off and smashed to the ground. After catching my breath and shaking off the insults and laughter of every one that was around, we powered through and got it all done. It didn’t help that right before this new area they were moving to there was a giant rap concert just in the middle of the street, but hey I wasn’t complaining. I felt like I was at Kilby Court for a BTB concert.

Secondly, with Zone Conference, we had all of the outside areas fly in. Elder Nelson and I were teamed up with the dupla of Chimoio which is Elder Stephens, who is a big ol lineman from Missouri, and Elder Fernando, who is from Nampula, Mozambique. So walking and doing divisions was not too bad cause Elder Stephens and I just talked football the entire time. Speaking of #sportz, we woke up early the day after conference and played basketball and it was probably the funniest recreational activity I have played in a while.  Zone Conference was dope. It was fun seeing President and Sister Koch and a lot of missionaries I haven’t seen for a while.

Lastly, yesterday, the Munhava Ward was popping. It was a really cool fast and testimony meeting and it was so cool to see Manuel and Rosita, a family that Elder Griffeth and I helped reactivate, bless their new baby girl Emma. It was the first baby blessing in the ward of Munhava. We also had a mini-primary program because on the 1st of June it was "Dia Das Criancas" which is a huge holiday here. So the stake had a little party for all the primaries in the stake. It helped our frequency that has been growing these past couple of weeks. When I first got to Munhava the average frequency was sub 50's and yesterday we hit 144, which is insane! We have been trying to apply all the counsel we have been receiving from President and our Leaders while working more strongly with our members and it is paying off but we still got more "work work work work work" (Rihanna) to do. Haha I hear that song played at least 10 times a day.

But I hope everyone has a great week! Love and miss all of you so much!

Love,           
Elder Chipman

With Manuel and Rosita after the baby blessing.

Uh Oh...the boys are back together!

Found a big Bronco Mendenhall fan. 

Joe Flaco spending his off season in Beira.

It is "Winter" here so why not sled???

Scraping in a Chappella with du, Casto!

"I'm going to touch the sky" - Kanye West
Gator Ball at the University

No comments:

Post a Comment