Contributors

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 11 Munhava B - Hey Mama by Kanye West

So I have not been able to stop smiling since I ended the Skype call from last night. I can’t explain how great it was to see and talk to everyone! All the little kiddies are growing up and its scary haha and everyone else looked so great!

A lot was updated last night but I will hit you up with it again. So this week was probably the most special week that I have had on my mission. It was the last week that Elder Griffeth and I would be serving together so, as the Splash Brothers, we wanted to go out with a bang. We spent all week preparing for the special wedding and baptism day on Saturday. Thursday, Elder Griffeth and Elder Carvalho went and did all the baptismal interviews for Afonso, Jacinta Angelo and all of his kids. While they were doing that, Elder Heald and I were in the kitchen cooking cakes and fresh beats haha but mainly cakes. All 7 cakes turned out too nice. Friday, we all went the Palmeiras Chapel to set everything up. After the bride's room, groom's room and the actual wedding room were set up we had to clean out the font. The drain had stopped working so water had been chilling in there for about 2 weeks so we had to bucket out and dump all the water and then try and mop up the rest.  After, we hit up lunch at Biques on the beach for Elder Carvalho's last lunch in Beira and then went home and made the frosting to decorate all the cakes. Saturday came and the only thing I could think of is a quote from Rod Kimball, ''Now... let’s party.''  We got to the church about 8 and with little problems that got resolved all was perfect! The Relief Society from the Maraza ward put together a choir and were singing and dancing their hearts out.

The most special part about it all was about 30 minutes after the wedding ended. All of the brides, grooms and their children along with all of the other people who were being baptized were all in white. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life to see more than 30 people all dressed in white, ready to be baptized and so happy and full of joy. I am honestly so grateful for the chance that I had to just be a part of this special weekend. I am so grateful for Afonso, Jacinta, Angelo, Angela, Salimo, and Marta and everyone else's desire to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Last but definitely not least I am so grateful for the chance to talk to you all last night on Mother's Day. Hurris and GiG captured it best when the simply stated, ''And shout out to our Mom's for giving birth!'' haha. But, I am truly grateful for Mom's everywhere and especially the OG, Barbara Jean! Thank you for your perfect example of Christ's love and thank you for all that you have done for me. Also, thank you to Heidi, Nancy, Emily, Caitlyn, Beez and Annie for being great mothers and wives!
I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Chipman  
The Splash Brothers
Action shot of the Choir
Cake Boy--Hoodie Allen
The Wedding
All the Newly Weds
Best Men
Best Couple
Everyone Together
This picture speaks for itself
Alfonso and Jacinta
Angelo and his children--Angela, Salimo & Marta


1 comment:

  1. Going through your post was truly great dear. Thanks for sharing your special moments here. I am also going to attend wedding of my friend at Seattle Wedding venues and that is why I was wondering if you can share some summer wedding tips for me.

    ReplyDelete