Contributors

Monday, December 21, 2015

Mahatos Week 1

Alright yall, so it sounds like all is well back home! Beezer and Brandon I hope you guys are loving Puerto Rico eating a lot of rice and beans like me haha Cait and Bret hope you guys had a good trip to O-Town to see Tony! That is super cool to hear about him starting and playing! Tell him I say congrats and to keep working hard haha. 

Alright so my first week in my new area was kind of slow and super hot! This is the hottest transfer of the year, so its about to get super sweaty haha. Elder Macanige didnt end up leaving until Friday so Elder Macanige had a lot of chances to say bye to some of our families, I am going to miss Elder Macanige so much! But.. with him leaving on Friday, Elder Ribeiro arrived friday night as well. Elder Rebeiro is from Recife, Brazil. He is in his 6th transfer, (the five before this one were all in Swazi) he already spoke English before the mission so that is good, and he is an awesome missionary! I am excited to learn from him and he is excited to help me with my Portuguese and every thing else as well! 

So Elder Rebeiro and I will be white washing (two brand new missionaries in an area) Mahatos B which will be dificult but because of a couple divisions I was able to do with the Zone Leaders last transfer I am fimiliar with the area and we have a lot of cool families to teach! I was able to the last two week help finish teach another teenager, Junior, and he was baptized on Saturday and it was a super cool baptismal service. 

My spiritual thought this week comes from John 16:33, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might find peaces. In the world ye shall have tirbulation: but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world." I love this scripture so much especially with the Christmas season upon us! All of us will face hard times in our life but because of the Savior and His eternal sacrifice for us, we can find light in our darkest times. I have been trying to apply this of my mission. No matter what happens I can always be of good cheer because I am know that Jesus Christ lives and that I am doing His work here is Africa. Hope everyone has a great week getting prepared for Christmas. Love and miss all of you so much!

Love,


Elder Chipman

                      "Welcome to Jew Burger, home of the Jew Burger, can I take your order?"                                            (Mine and Elder Macanige's fav burger shack that was in our old area)


         This is Vania and Michele. Vania was baptized that transfer before I got here and Elder Macanige and I finished her teaching.



Junior's Baptism with Elder Mejia, Elder Openshaw and Junior's Brother-in-law

No comments:

Post a Comment