Contributors

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 4--Oh what it is?! Oh whats up?!


Alright weekly shoutouts: HAPPY BDAY Haddie Girl!! I hope it was the best and that you got all the princess dressed ups in the world. Plus, HAPPY BDAY to my newest Sis---Annie!  S/O to Burke and his football team for straight murking it! Keep working hard man, but most importantly keep having fun and enjoying it! Also, good luck s/o to Mom, Colin, and Brandon running the marathon this weekend, you guys are going to kill it!

There isn’t too much to update you on since I have done the exact same thing for the last 4 weeks. But I do have some exciting news.... I should be getting my travel plans this Thursday!! And to be honest about it, I feel like I am in a glass case of emotions lol. I'm honestly so excited to get to Africa and start serving the people of Mozambique. But, I'm also super nervous but I have faith that the Lord will strengthen me and turn all the nerves into confidence! Also this Thursday, Elder Teela and I are teaching a lesson over skype for TRC with someone either from Mozambique or Brazil so that will be exciting. The Portuguese is coming along. I feel more and more comfortable speaking it in lessons each day.

My spiritual thought for the week comes from a lesson we had the other day with Irmão Workman. He asked us how the Gospel has in our lives helped up access the Atonement. And for some reason my mind instantly went to when Christ told his Apostles to cast their net on the other side of the boat for fish. The Gospel in our lives is like the Savior telling us to cast our net on the other side of the boat. Us taking the nets out of the water, preparing to cast again, and then finally casting our nets with faith that we will catch the fish, is like us taking the steps to repentance and utilizing the Atonement. And the "fishes" we catch are the blessing we receive from the living the Gospel.

Eu sou que con minha coração todo o que Jesus Cristo é nosso Salvador e por meu Ele e Sua Expição nos podemos viver con noosos familhas por eterna.
Translated: I know with all of my heard that Jesus Christ is our Savior and through Him and His Atonement we can live with our families for eternity.

I love you all so much! Ill update you as soon as I can when I get my travel plans!

Love, 

Elder Chipman


   Zach and I Saturday night after hearing the score from The Game!


    My favorite painting in the MTC


                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment