Contributors

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week 5--Travel Plans to Mozambique

What’s good fam??

So week 5 in the MTC has brought some exciting news!!!  First, weekly shout outs. A Notorious B.I.G. S/O to Mom, Colin, and Brandon for running the St. George Marathon!! Super proud of you guys and from what I have heard the trip down and back was a fun one! And early BDAY S/O's to Phank, Brandon and Penny!
Alright time for the news...

1) We sent off Elder Binford to Singapore!! He is so ready and I am beyond pumped to hear about all of his experiences!
2) Elder Wade and Elder Sperry (the Elders in my district that are going to Brazil) got their visas!! We were hoping they would get them in time so they wouldn't have to get reassigned.
3) I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS!!! Ya boy is finally going to Africa!!

I leave Sunday and fly to ATL, say what up to my dude Luda, and then I have a 15 hour flight to Johannesburg will be arriving in Maputo Monday night! I am honestly soo excited!! Even for the plane ride de Inferno.

Being able to watch General Conference in the MTC was such a great experience and was such a nice relaxing weekend. I hope everyone received answers to any questions that you all had for last weekend and apply what we learned! Sunday night, we watched Joseph Smith and the Restoration along with watching conference that day; I gained such a greater love for the prophets and their guidance.

My spiritual highlight of the week came from last Tuesday's Devotional. We had the opportunity to hear from Elder Costa, of the Seventy’s. He brought up the analogy of cutting an apple open. When you do, you can count the number of seeds that are in that apple. But, you cannot count the number apples that are in the seed. I love this analogy because we truly do not know how many people we will truly effect in our lives. I hope that we can all try and positively influence other people in everything we do. Even if you do not see it instantly, you will never know what kind of seed you will be planting.

So my next email I will be in Africa... I don’t think I have ever been this nervous in my life but I also don’t think I have been this excited! I have the special opportunity to go across the world and invite others to come unto Christ help them feel the happiness that comes from living this Gospel. And through the love of the people of Mozambique and this giant leap of faith I will also come closer to Christ!

I love you all so much! Pray for me with travelling and settling in to Africa! Until next time, be excellent to each other and party on!

Love,


Elder Chipman



 Elder Smith, Chipman and Owens with their travel plans.

 Elder Florez on his last night before leaving to Brazil.

  First view in the morning while in the MTC.

Medical Release Form from Swaziland.  Read it through--We are glad he was cleared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment