Contributors

Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 4 - Ngwane Park A - Thank you Kyle Mooney for Teaching Me How to Bake

*Ham horn noise x3* Ye ye ye!!!!

What is good party people? Before I get into it just got to say a big ol' CONGRATS to Beez and Brandon!!! I am going to be mad jealous of Scony Jr. listening to MF Doom and Liquid Swords every night falling asleep haha. But for reals congrats you guys! Second, the slip n' slide looked super fun! I hope Evie had a great bday party!

This week wasn’t too busy which was kind of nice. Elder Souza and I have been knocking apartments like crazy to find some new families. Let’s just say from apartment blocks 36 through 60, the Good News wasn’t selling like hot cakes haha. But no worries they are still about 40 left we need to knock.

This week in church Nkhosingiphile got ordained as a priest and Elder Souza ordained him and it was a really cool experience because I don’t think I could have done something like that, as on the spot as it was, in my first transfer. Also after church we were able to meet and talk with President and Sister Koch's family which was way cool. Sorry that I looked/was super awkward in the video they sent to you, I felt like Ricky Bobby getting interviewed for the first time.

The coolest part of the week tho happened on Thursday night. As a branch and missionaries we gathered at the Matsembula's house to celebrate Nandipa's birthday and also to be with them cause of the passing of their grandmother on Wednesday night. We watched the Restoration movie and something stood out to me. When it shows the transition from teenage Joseph Smith to young adult Joseph, finding and translating the plates the narrator says, "You may know the truth of something by the blessings that flow." At the moment I thought how incredible it was that we were gathered all together, coming from all over the world; US, Brazil, Zimbabwe and Swaziland to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in the need of comfort. All because of a young boy had a vision. But it was because of that vision, his calling, and the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father that we have the greatest blessing of all the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through which we can be saved, sealed to our families for eternity, and return to be with our Heavenly Father again. I am so grateful for that young boy, Joseph Smith and his faith. I know that this church is true and I know that because of the blessing that flow from it.

I also had the chance to look over the General Conferences talks from this past April for the first time. I loved everything that I read. Last conference was bomb to say the least.  With it being July we are at the perfect time to review the counsel from our prophet, apostles and other church leaders to guide and protect us until October when we will hear from them again!

I love all of you guys so much! I hope you all know that I truly can feel your prayers help me throughout the days! I hope you guys have a great week!

Love,   

Elder Chipman


The Martins are cooler than Miles Davis for bringing us Doughnuts!

Krispy
Kremes
Too Krispy!!
Nandipas Birthday
I love the Matsembulas!
Eating "Real" African food with Elder Babu. 
Elder Tanner and I with the Branch Joker, Brother Harrison. 
Breakfast Burritos with homemade tortillas an Elder Ol Dirty specialty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment