Contributors

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 5 (Magoanine)‏

So first things first, two big ol happy bday s/o's to Colin and Brody! Hope yall had amazing days!

Magoanine has treated me well this week! Weather wise it has either been suuuuuper hot or a big thunderstorm it has kind of been unpredictable! Water and energy has been the same way!


Yesterday we had stake conference and they created a new ward, it was honestly so cool to be there with the whole stake of Maputo and to feel the happiness and excitement about the growth of the church!

Elder Macanige and I are still working hard! We are still focusing a lot on our families that we are teaching right now and I am honestly so lucky to have these amazing families in my first area. We are teaching this one family (Ceisa and Laura) and we hadn’t met with them in a while and we came back to follow up on the Book of Mormon and we come to find out that he read up to 1 Nephi 15 and I was pumped!! We have another family (Benidito and Amelia) and they have come to love prayer after we had to help them get over some type of shyness they had about praying. This week we will only be baptizing Vicente but it will be a big baptismal service so I am really excited about that!

This week is Thanksgiving so I just wanted to end with some of the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for showers, air conditioning, cloudy days, sunsets, this opportunity that I have to serve the Lord, the gospel, my friends, and most importantly... I am so grateful for the family that I have and for all the love and support I have and always receive from you guys! Super bummed that I will be missing feasting with yall this week but (and I can’t remember who said this... I think it was Cait) although I won’t be there we are going to be closer than we have been especially over these first holidays.

 Love you all so much! And I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving week!

Elder Chipman

Maputo Stake Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment