Contributors

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 4 in Magoanine



Alright so we had a little bit more of a mellow week than the past two. This week started off suuuuper hot and then it has been storming the past couple days here. Lighting storms are incredible here, every 4 seconds from every direction, its nuts! We have been battling with not having power and water this week. Saturday night we didn’t have power for the entire night so the mosquitoes had a feast! We are all super bitten up which is chill because T.I.A. haha (This Is Africa)

Elder Macanige and I had a good week. Made a little bit of an error with the baptismal date, it’s not on the 24th... it’s on the 28th. Elder Macanige and I were looking at the October on the calendar when we gave them the dates so we got a little mixed up.  We are marked to baptize Vicente and Didi. Both jovens (teenagers) Vicente is from a part member family and his sister just barely got her mission call to Brazil. He is super smart and has a super solid testimony. I hang out with him and his buddies at church and they help me with Portuguese and I play tic tac toe and the dot game with them. Didi was a referral from one of my favorite families in our ward. She is super smart when it comes to the scriptures but she has been having some doubts since we have been teaching her about the commandments. We have one new family and have been teaching the same other ones. Our families right now that we are really excited about our Sidonio and Yolanda, and Paulo and Laura, and Bila and Laura. We have been meeting with them for this whole transfer. They have been really progressing we just haven’t been able to get any of them to come to church yet so we are really working hard for that.

Africa is Africa and I am loving it. I have great missionaries around me that are teaching me how to work hard but also how to enjoy my mission. Tuesdays are always popping at Uno's (a pizza place in Magoanine) for Crazy Tuesdays aka buy one get one free day so we throw down there for lunch on Tuesdays and its good za (pizza) too. It sounds like the fam is doing great. Yesterday we had lunch at Bishop Tualufo's house and his daughter Kylanee reminds soo much of Sloane so it was super fun playing with her and eating with the bishop and his family.

I have restarted reading the Livro de Mormon after finishing it last week and it is crazy how much we can learn from Nephi. He was the youngest out of his family and had to be an example for his 3 older brothers and continue to be obedient to his father and to Heavenly Father. Being an example is never easy especially when you may be younger, inexperienced, our feel out of place.  Elder Stevenson says it best, "Stand ye in holy places and be not moved." I am honestly so grateful for the examples I have in my life with all of my coaches, older siblings and parents and I know first-hand the strength that can come from examples. My challenge for all of you is that no matter the situation to always be an example and represent Christ! Love you all so much and miss you like crazy! Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,


Elder Chipman


"Abdul and the crew"
These kids wanted to get a pic with me after I said some things in Chingana to them which is the dialect they speak in this part of Maputo 

The new and improved Magoanine house.





No comments:

Post a Comment