Contributors

Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 1 - Chamanculo A - "Last Night Was A Movie" by G-Eazy ft. Kyle

Let me just start by saying HAPPY EASTER! 

Easter, is legit one of the best holidays and I hope all of you guys had a great day and a great week celebrating some warmer weather and also remembering the life and the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

So, the big news and changes came in for me this past me on Tuesday. We were able to go and see transfers and while I was looking at them I didn’t see my name or picture next to Liberdade so I said to myself, "Alright let’s see where I got transferred to." And so after looking for a second to see where I would be going and who would be my comp, I found it.. and legit I couldn’t believe it haha. The Splash Brothers are back together! I will be serving with Elder Griffeth again in the area of Chamanculo! It was about a year ago that we stopped being comps and so now both us and the whole mission is in awe that we are back together. 

After saying a couple of goodbyes in Liberdade (which was super hard by the way), packing in 30 minutes, we switched Tuesday afternoon. And ever since then it has been just getting to know the area, the members and the investigators are nothing but laughs and good times. Chamanculo is a really different area than Liberdade in terms of how the houses and everything is set up. Liberdade was very spacious with huge roads but Chamanculo is full of apartment buildings and really close and tight alleys and houses. So, it has been cool to be getting a new experience especially since I have had the other 2 experiences of serving in Magoanine/Mahots and then in Matola in Liberdade and now in the straight city. 

The Chamanculo ward is straight dope as well. We taught English Class on Thursday so that helped me get to know some more people. On Saturday, we had the baptism of Junita who is just straight elect! Elder Griffeth and Elder Watteyne did a great job teaching her and she was so prepared to be baptized. Enough that she was standing up to her mom and telling her the reason she wanted to get baptized.  Her mom had some doubts because Junita had already been baptized in their church as a baby. But the baptism went well, and Junita's mother, fiance and friends were all able to be there. And then the Bishop straight dropped a bomb on me and called me to talk at church so I stayed up Saturday night and prepared that and it went well. I was super blessed to give the talk because studying and preparing for it I was able to truly get in the spirit of Easter.

To end with a quote from the Prophet Joseph Smith said, "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it." 

I am so very grateful for the peace and hope we have in our lives because Christ overcame the world and death. He truly is the Light of the World and the only way we can find peace in a life full of problems, illnesses, and adversities. I am also so very grateful for the opportunities that I have been given to come to know Him better and see the happiness in others as the come to know Him. 

Love you all, hope you guys have a great week!

Elder Chipman

Tired little Taxi Guys

View from the new house

English Class and quote of the class,
"Don't you go losing control!"

Oh hi new area

Junita's Baptism

Dropped of a cake for Sister Mboia's bday

Stake Easter Program

Back of the house






No comments:

Post a Comment