Contributors

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 15 - Liberdade A - "James Fanco" by Hoodie Allen

"Alright so when I say James, yall say Franco"


First, big bday shoutouts to Berg, Jens, Freya and Beez! I am
not sure if I wished you guys a happy bday in my last email so if I
did... I am doing it again! Hope you guys had a great day and Beez
hope you have a great day on the 25th! Spring Break is here and that
is #dope. I hope everyone has a fun and safe break. It also sounds
like the Madness has been pretty mad this year... sorry to all whose
brackets have been busted and for those who have completely guessed
and are currently winning their pools.


We had a pretty great past week. It started off with a fun pday
walking as the trio of Liberdade. After doing internet we hit up the
famous Fish Market on Costa Do Sol and all I can say is yum. We
also went bowling which was super fun although I am horrible. Just ask
Machi... He knows. So, after a fun Pday on Monday it was back
to work for Tuesday-Sunday. 

On Wednesday, I headed out to T3 to a division with Elder Bennion, who is from Highland, Utah. It was a really fun day working with him in his area and getting to know him a little bit better and the coincidence was that I found out that he worked for Clearlink before the mission so s/o to Dev and s/o to Clearlink on that one.  


On Thursday, it was Adelina's birthday so Elder Barros and I baked a cake for her and ended just dropping it off because she was at work when we passed by. Adelina is progressing and she will be getting baptized this Saturday. Her sisters, Joana and Amelia, will be getting baptized probably on the 8th with Joaquim after we moved their dates around a little bit. 

Thursday night, Elder Barros and I had quite the adventure trying to find an
old member that ran into us the week before. After walking into our area for
30 minutes, waiting for a chappa to go to a place that I didn’t know existed,
an hour chappa ride, getting off the at the "abandoned house" stop.  
The member was able to find us and we had a good visit with him. 

On Sunday, we had a great turn out at church with some members bringing  
friends and progressing investigators coming so all is going well down here!

Quick line for the spiritual side, “I make a plea that we constantly
seek the inspiration of the Lord and the companionship of His Holy
Spirit to bless us in keeping our efforts on a high spiritual plane.”
- Gordon B. Hinckley. There is legit no greater blessing or help
that we can have in our lives than the gift of the Holy Ghost. After
many months of the constant battle of recognizing the Spirit I have
realized that we all need the Holy Spirit to guide, to protect and to
comfort us. I have realized that we need the Holy Ghost in all that we
do and in all the responsibilities that we have. Seek for the Holy
Ghost this week and sit back and enjoy the blessings that will come!

Much Luv,

Elder Chipman

Elder Barros and our favorite dog, Righty

Weekly service, prepping dinner for some
families by killing chickens (haha)

Costa Do Sol 

The Fish Market. The Red tint is because of
the Umbrellas.




No comments:

Post a Comment