Contributors

Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 8 - Liberdade A - Soundtrack 2 My Life by Kid Cudi

To start off the email can I get a Randy Moss ''One Clap'' for the new homie Lorenzo Jack Madsen?! Welcome to the world my dude, can’t wait to meet you in 6 months! S/O to Beezer as well for going a couple days over the due date haha but yo... Beez and Brandon, congrats!!

Second, to all my church and sportz fans out there (everyone has probably already heard) shout out to the legend, Daniel E. Ruettiger aka the real-life Rudy for getting baptized! The inspiration to the 2nd Ward Boyz motto, "#TrainLikeMissionaryToday" Go Rudy, Go Sportz and Go Church!

So, Elder Barros and I had another really great week together. We had the chance on Wednesday night to go to the Mission Office, have interviews with President Koch and watch the World Wide Mission Broadcast. Fighting like FPS Doug against the lag we were able to get a good part of the broadcast and I loved it! I was able to learn so much about what I could do better as a missionary. Throughout the week Elder Barros and I focused on extending the invitation to be baptized to most of the people that we met with. It was funny/interesting to see that almost every one accepted to be baptized but when we talked about setting a date with them is when the red flags came up. So, we have been really trying to help everyone see that they can have their doubts/worries/questions/anything else helped through reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon. It has been way cool to see how each and every single person that truly did what we explained to them felt something different. Some said they felt peace, others joy but whatever the feeling was they all described it as good! "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, everything which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and too love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God." (Moroni 7:13) Often times we over look or don’t pay attention to the small feelings that we get when we do the simple things like praying and reading the scriptures because we all want to receive an update on our smart phones telling us that something is true and that we should follow it. But, it is through these small feelings that God works and He does so to help us show our faith. When we act on those feelings we are promised that we will receive a confirmation of what we are doing and know that it is true. ''If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." (John 7:17) I love seeing the way that people come to know that this Gospel is true and seeing the differences it makes in their lives. It has helped me and will continue on helping me on applying these simple things in my life to strengthen myself and others.

Other updates on the week... I received the box that Mom sent and I loved it! The best thing was seeing the 2016 Chipman book! With 2 Chuck Noland and a Creative Trend reference I loved every page and every picture. Also, with the amount of rain that we have been getting mixed with the heat the 36th Chambers of Mosquitos has officially moved to Matola and they on the swarm! Thursday night after getting home I counted a total of 32 bites just on my legs haha.

Love all you guys... sorry for not a lot of photos I will take more this next week. Have a great week!

Love,


Elder Chipman

Looking on in jealousy because of the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment