Contributors

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 6 - Liberdade A - "Big Things Poppin" by T.I.


What is good everyone?? It sounds like everyone is doing great and that everyone is on wait cause of #babywatch2k17. Corey and Heidi, hope you guys travel safe this coming week and that everything goes great with Baby Rue! Beez, you da best! I hope work and everything else runs smoothly these next couple weeks! I cannot wait to see all the new baby pics!

So, this week was a different one but a good one for the boys down here in the land of Liberty. Elder Bindanda left the on Saturday to spend his last weekend with the other missionaries that are leaving in Maputo. So, it was a week full of goodbyes and good times. On Monday night, we had a Family Night at Brother Jopela's with his wife and kids and let’s just say that we ate pretty well. We had xima and rice with meat made with a sauce that they make out of peanuts. And on top of that we had banana cake and a pie that was just whip cream with crumble crackers on top, but it was super good! It was so good and so much that I was feeling it until the next day that when we were coming back from the city on Tuesday, right as we got to the house I started throwing up hahaha. So, Tuesday, I stayed in all day with stomach problems that luckily passed that night so no worries ya boy is all good now! Wednesday, I had a division with Elder Ribeiro and it was super weird walking with an old comp and thinking how fast time has gone. Thursday night got lit! We had a huge Family Night to say goodbye to Elder Bindanda, at Sister Sara, Jessica and John's house. We had a super good turn out and a had a really fun night. The Liberdade Ward isn't the biggest ward but what is so great is that everyone is really close with one another so when one family or member is going through something the ward members are there to help them out. We have been having a lot of success in strengthening lots of members through these family nights that we are having with lots of participation from the members! Also, we are having lots of success with integrating the investigators that we have been finding so S/O to family nights/Family Home Evening! I super impressed with how the members here have embraced this council that we have received to hold Family Home Evenings weekly to strengthen our families.


With Elder Bindanda leaving.. yes I will be receiving a new companion. And after many guesses and speculations, I got a call from the secretaries Saturday night and got it confirmed that I will be serving with Elder Barros! Elder Barros is from Alagoas, Brazil! So, he will be my 4th Brazilian companion. I am super excited to work and serve with him it is going to be a great couple of transfers! Also, I am super lucky for the chance that I had to serve with Elder Bindanda! Never have I ever met a missionary that wanted to testify more about our Savior, Jesus Christ. He was a really big example of one of the biggest blessing that we as missionaries have, of being special witness of Jesus Christ in everything that we do so I am extremely grateful for this past 6 weeks that I have had to serve with him.


I hope that everyone has such a great/safe week! I miss you all and I am so grateful for the love, support and prayers that you guys are sending my way!

Love,


Elder Chipman

Family at Brother Jopela's

Family Night, part 2 xtra lit at Sister Sara's

B-e-a-utiful

Jasmine was super entertained by trying to braid my hair. 

Last District Lunch

Jorge and Elsa the dopest. 

Bye Bye Elder Bindanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment