Contributors

Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 9 - Ngwane Park A - "Hey guys... I got a new bag of Mike N Ikes.. You want some?"

"My peoples, are you with me, where you at? In the front, in the back killa bees on attack" -Method Man

So first, big ol S/O's to the fam aka the killa bees for the bday boxes! I got them a little early but it don’t matter!! Elder Baker and Elder Payne were in Mozambique over the weekend and were able to bring them down. So I got home Tuesday night to the boxes waiting for me in the apartment and all I can say is that I am soooo happy for my teams and me hahaha. Legit I loved seeing all of the hand written notes and drawings from everyone. The pictures got me too excited to mob Newport in a couple of years. The pants are perfect and I probably will not wear them until the day I come home. The socks... oooh the socks. That is Mother's intuition knowing that I needed some. The Jacks' shirt, I am wearing it right now so. The candy and beef jerky, how Swazi's say, "Yeeboo!" The sour patch and watermelons have already been thrown down. With the Mike N Ikes and jerky I had to control myself and save it for this week to enjoy. So just to finish this rant, Fam, I love you guys and I hope you all know that you are the best!

As for the rest of the week besides getting hit into Heaven with boxes, was really good! Nathi, Luyanda, and Ayanda were confirmed and received the Holy Ghost yesterday. we are now working more and more with Orlando and Precious to get them married and baptized as well. Orlando is heading to Mozambique this week to get a document there to state that he has not been married before. So after this week we will start getting more plans in the work for the wedding. This past week we started teaching the grandmother, aunts and cousins of soon to be missionary in our branch, whose name is Nathi as well. But, we were able to start teaching them and at first they didn’t know much about the church. They only knew that their daughter/sister (Nathi's Mom) would always invite them to come and how the Church has changed Nathi and his little brother Caesar. So after one of the smoothest flowing Restoration lessons on Saturday... they all came to church on Sunday. And guess who was speaking? Their grandson/nephew/cousin, Nathi! How perfectly dope is that?? Also this past week were able to keep preparing Nomphilo for her baptism this Sunday. It has been super cool to see her excise her faith and doing her best to read the Book of Mormon! She doesn’t really understand a lot of the words but she is still reading every day and you can just see that the Lord is helping her understand the stories and feel the spirit.

So for a spiritual thought I am going to stay on the subject of Nomphilo and the love that Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us. So, Nomphilo lives/works in the giant apartment lots that are in our area. This past week, Elder Souza and I finished knocking every single door in this area. In this community there are 73 blocks of apartments with 8 houses each. So after knocking 584 doors we only have 1 investigator. And at first I thought, well that was kind of a waste but then Elder Souza dropped some wisdom on me. He said, "how cool is it that the Lord sent us here just to find 1 person among all of these people?" This took me back for a second and made me think about D&C 18:10,15. V.10 "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of the Lord." V.15 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" So the Lord sent two missionaries, in a new area, in a span of 9 weeks to knock 584 doors, to be rejected, accepted and rejected again, just to find one soul. God loves us! He is sending us His love in different ways each day! I cannot even imagine His joy when we recognize all that He does for us and end up on top. Yahoo for the Gospel! Yahoo for blessings! Never forget that you personally, no matter what you have done, and the person next to you, no matter what they have done, are special in the sight of the Lord.

So good luck to everyone that is going back to school! To quote my idol, Billy Madison, "I got my lunch pack packed, I got my boots tied tight, I hope I don’t get in a fight, ohhh back to school!" I hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you all!

"Representing the GZA, Abbot, RZA, Shaquan, Inspectah Deck
Dirty Ol' gettin low with his flow"

Love,


Elder Chipman (Elder Ol' Dirty)

Drowning in love from America.
Bruuuuh
Just doing some hood rat things with my friends. 
The Manzini Zone is famous at Me & U BBQ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment