Contributors

Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 13 - Chamanculo A - "Top of the World" by Hoodie Allen from the Hello Americans!

I hope everyone enjoyed and had a great 4th of July!

We have had a great week, adjusting with all of the changes that have been happening of late. But things have been going great and it has been so nice being back with Elder Souza. We have been spending lots of time getting Weze and Marta all ready for their baptisms coming up on this Saturday. We also had the Maputo Zone conference on Friday at President and Sister Senna's house. It was a small conference in terms of missionaries but it helped with participation and lots was learned. Especially everything that President and Sister Senna learned while they were at the MTC a couple weeks ago. On Saturday, the AP's dropped off two brand new Elders to walk with Elder Souza and I for the day. Like all new missionaries, the first thing that they will ask when they meet new missionaries is how much time they have on the mission. So, when it got to my turn to respond, I decided to just answer nicely and replied with a smirk, "I have been here for a minute." hahaha

We had a couple of amazing visits with Benjamin aka the Mozambican Ryan Gossling. On Tuesday, we had an visit about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and invited him to follow Jesus Christ, being baptized by someone who holds the proper authority of God and he was a little tentative about it. He said that it was his desire to follow Christ and be baptized but because of his Catholic background he felt like it wasn’t the right time. So, we invited him to re-read Alma 32. We met back with him on Saturday night and the first thing he says is, "I have some good news, I am 100% now, I will be baptized." He told us that he had recognized that the little doubts that he had in his head weren't coming from the right place and now he will prepare to be baptized on the 29th of July.

With the experience of Benjamin, I have been thinking lots about how it is so common for us to have doubts, especially doubts about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Doubts are a part of this life, even our Savior was tested with doubts by Satan when he was fasting for 40 days and 40 nights. That is why He tell us "Look unto me with every thought; doubt not, fear not" (D&C 6:36) because He knows what it is like to have doubts. Since He knows how it feels like, He will always be there to help. In the experience of Oliver Cowdery in the same section of the Doctrine and Covenants it says, "20 Behold, thou art Oliver, and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love. 21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?"

I know that the Lord will speak peace unto us and as we strive to be  faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, the love of our Savior with fill our lives so that we won’t even have room to doubt. I love you all and I love this Gospel! I hope you guys have a great week!

Love


Elder Chipman Album All American

Happy 4th of July from the Red, White and Blue Boyz

The Sommerschield Sisters had a baptism for Gino
and Elder Souza baptized him. 

Julieta made us covey!

No comments:

Post a Comment