Contributors

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Week 12 - Chamanculo A –

What’s good fam???

First things first, Happy 4th of July to you all tomorrow! Fireworks and the Red, White and Blue... nothing better. It sounds like everyone is taking full advantage of the summer with fun vacations and I hope it stays that way!

This week has been a great week! We spent the first couple days getting Elder Griffeth already to go and saying goodbye to everyone for him.  On Friday, Elder Griffeth left and I got my new comp. I will be serving with another ex comp.... Elder Souza. Who was my first comp in Swazi! I was his first comp in the mission field and now he will be my last, how fitting! But we will have a great transfer, finding elects or die tryin!

Other blessings of the week, Carlos and his entire family came to church on Sunday! Carlos is an inactive member who we found a couple weeks ago through the AP's talking with him. We have been visiting with him, his wife Elsa, his children Letta, Filipe, and Rosana and his niece Nosta. They all started out a little cold towards us but now they love us. And when I saw all of them walk through the doors into sacrament meeting, I kid you not I hit the dab super hard haha. All is going great with the rest of the investigators. Weze and Martinha will be getting baptized on the 15th July so that will be the next big thing! Also, Nelio received the Priesthood yesterday!

Spiritual though of the week comes from Elder L. Whitney Claytons talk from this past conference. I have been pondering on this statement a lot this week, he says "When we decide to do “whatsoever [God] saith unto” us, we earnestly commit to align our everyday behavior with God’s will. Such simple acts of faith as studying the scriptures daily, fasting regularly, and praying with real intent deepen our well of spiritual capacity to meet the demands of mortality. Over time, simple habits of belief lead to miraculous results. They transform our faith from a seedling into a dynamic power for good in our lives. Then, when challenges come our way, our rootedness in Christ provides steadfastness for our souls. God shores up our weaknesses, increases our joys, and causes “all things [to] work together for [our] good."

There are so many ways we can apply this teaching into our lives! So, I hope you all have a great week and that you can continue on seeing how the Lord blesses us when we do what He wants!

Loves and hugs!

Elder Chipman


ps. "I just found fireworks in the men's restroom.. would like to light them off?" -Rico

Carlos, Elsa and the fam!

Irene and her family made tseke for Elder Griffeth and I before her left. 

Tseke com Xima coma Anima!

Beat Street

The Fajardo market

No comments:

Post a Comment