Contributors

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Week 2 - Liberdade B - ''All I Want For Christmas Is You'' by Mariah Carey

What is good to the people who read these emails?!? It sounds like the weather has been perfect for getting reading for Christmas and everything so I just want to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas! This time of the year is a special so I hope everyone has a great/fun/safe couple of weeks!

As for me this week was still kind of a scramble with no companion for a couple of days. So, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I walked in a trio with Elder Ribeiro and Elder Dutra trying our best to split the time in both of our areas. But then during personal study on Thursday Morning we heard a knock at the door and yes... it was my companion. I was super happy that he showed up and that we could get back to some work. With 4 days of lots of work we also had lots of activities going on as well. On Friday, we headed out to the T3 house to drop off a cake for Elder Howells bday. Saturday, we had our ward Christmas party and it was a blast. I already feel right at home in the Liberdade ward. We were able to bring some investigators that are close to baptism to the activity and they were able to interact with the members which was really nice. We had a white elephant gift exchange and so not knowing what I would bring, I just thought to myself... ''What would Barb do?'' and it came to me haha. I wrapped up some brand spanking new Nike socks in capellana and legit everyone went nuts for it!  Then yesterday, with church being at 1:00 PM we headed out to do some visits in the morning and then we went and had a little breakfast at the house of the president of the elder’s quorum, Brothre Jopela. It was super nice and we were able to hear about how he was baptized and everything, which I always love hearing about.

As for a quick spiritual thought I want to stay on the topic of how Brother Jopela, his conversion and the church in general here in Mozambique. I have had the special opportunity to meet some of the first Mozambicans that were baptized members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. From Chico Mapenda, who was baptized in Germany in the 80's, to President Samo Gonzalves, who was baptized in Portugal around the same time. We will truly never know all the work that we have done in this life. We have no idea the effect we are making on people and bringing others unto Christ. Because of  2 missionaries in Germany and 2 in Portugal there are now almost 10,000 people that have come to know the truthfulness and beauty of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don’t know those 4 missionaries and I don’t know if they know the effect that they have had but I am so thankful for them. In this Christmas Season and coming New Year I want to invite all of us to continue being abound in good works (Alma 7:24) through our service, example and testimony. We may see the fruits instantly that day, that week, that month or may not see the effect we made until the next life but I promise that if you have the desire to help others, there will always be someone that is thankful for your service.

To close... MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FOOLS!!! I hope everyone listens to the Justin Bieber Christmas Album while drinking some eggnog hahaha.


Luv,


Elder Chipman

Setting up for the Christmas Activity!
Christmas Activity Selfie with Elder Dutra. 
Galitos ft Coke Tower hahahha
I Love Mozambique











No comments:

Post a Comment