Contributors

Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 1 - Liberdade A - Make Some Noise by The Beastie Boys

How is it everyone?! It sounds like everyone is doing great and gearing up for Christmas!

Well the best way I can describe this week was that it was like a Peyton Manning audible at the line of scrimmage haha. To begin, it has been super great getting back into the groove of living in Mozambique. My welcome back present has been that we have not had water in our house since the day I got there so that’s been super chill. Also in 6 nights being here we have gone 2 without electricity which is my favorite thing ever! Also, the audible came when on Thursday Elder Bindanda received a phone call saying that he had to go to Swaziland to do things for his documents so since that day I have been walking with members in an area that I am still getting to know and walking in a trio with Elder Dutra and Elder Ribeiro.

Liberdade is a pretty big area and it has lots of recent converts, inactives and lots of potential and so it’s time to work. But I have already gotten to know some really great people here! We are working with a lot of part member families right now and one is Ananeias and Aldencia. We are going to be working with them a lot to help them get married in January and have the baptism for Aldencia. They are super great and Aldencia loves the Book of Mormon. All the members have been super welcoming and loving. On Thursday I walked with Almica, who is are ward mission leader. He was super excited to hear that an American was coming to the ward so that he could practice his English and so we spoke lots of English while we walked together. I also walked with the ward secretary, Milerio on Friday.

Just to end I cannot explain to you guys the heat that I felt this week. Let’s just say that little kids make fun of me because of how much I sweat and I have been sweaty a lot these past couple of days! But everything else is going great! Elder Bindanda should be coming back today or tomorrow. Then after today it is 12 days until I get to see the fam on Skype! So, life is good - no stress! I hope you guys know how much I love you all and I appreciate all the prayers and support that I have received these past 15 months! You guys are the best! Have a great week!

Love,


Elder Chipman

Family Home Evening

Waiting for missionaries and eating Mangos.

Views from Liberdade

Waiting for the train.

Train terminal, looking for platform 9 3/4. 

Christmas Package!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment